Gulab Jamun Recipe
Khova - 1-1/2 cups
Maida (all purpose flour) - 1 cup
Sugar - 3 cups
Water - 1 cup
Cooking/Baking Soda - 3 pinches ( 1 pinch would be 1/8th of tsp )
Cardamom - 4 pods ( I used 1/4 tsp cardamom powder )
Saffron - a few
Rose water/essence - 2-3 drops
How to make gulab jaum
- Boil the milk till it reduces to half cup.
- Cool and add soda powder and 1tbsp sugar.
- Mix properly and make it smooth.
- Slowly add flour and prepare a fine dough. Leave it for an hour.
- Apply little ghee on the palms.
- Make small balls from the prepared mixture.
- Pour ghee in a pan and heat. Fry the balls in ghee on a low flame.
- Boil water with equal amount of sugar. Also add cardamom and saffron.
- Filter and add rose essence to it.
- Put the fried balls in this solution.
- Remove after 3-4 hours.
- Gulab Jamun is ready to serve.
Copyrights © 2013